Saturday 12 February 2011

Saturday 12th February

Here's an update from the last couple of days..........Firstly I cancelled my date as I  chipped my tooth and had to go to the dentist!!!  So off i went (to be ripped off) they tried to tell me i needed 3 fillings that would cost me £270, i couldn't believe it, then when I asked more questions i didn't actually really need them! I paid £30 in the end for a check up and x rays - time to change dentist!!

Friday was a fun day of doing new and different things. Firstly I met a couple of media clients then went to a French Bistro restaurant.  They decided to share a 'Raclett' between them, and i had a small sample (it would be rude not too).  Here's what it looked like:-
it's basically melted cheese with meat and onions and potatoes - yum!

Later on  it was the office girls bingo night out, all uber excited at the though of doing something new and maybe even winning some cash!  We said from the start that we would share any winnings (obviously thinking of the big prize!)

So here we are about to get started - Mecca bingo joined, dobber in hand and free bubbly given to us by the management.  Well truth be told it was 'champerry' and 5.5% but hey it was a nice gesture......

We decided to order some food before we started, it was a very grueling schedule 6 games in a  row, then another 6 then a break before the national when you could win £25000!!!
The menu was not WW friendly at all; scampi and chips, wedges and cheese, nachos with sour cream and guacamole! i only had a little pick!

So then we were all set to go and the commentator says 'eyes down best of luck'............. 

I had to lay off the champerry and go on to brandy and diet cokes to keep me alert! (bargain £3.78 for a double)

First of all it's 1 line, the 2 lines then full house.  So we played game after game after game and NOTHING! then I got 2 lines 'i've done it' i shouted! and the claim checker came over with a microphone and then I released it had to be 2 lines in the same box not 2 different ones.  'faese claim' she said and the whole bingo hall groaned - how embarrassing!!

So we played again and again even did the 'late game' and NOTHING even between 5 of us!, so all left a bit disappointed, but I would try it again definitely.

So scores on the doors

Number of different things done = 2
Number of straight single men met = 1 but that doesn't count as he was a client and as i canceled the date and there were a few gays at bingo, this probably means negative points!!
Number of calories eaten = 1 million!! although i did do a workout at the gym at lunchtime for 20 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment